Blah, blah, blah...



Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tribute to Mothers and Women

I wanted to write this a little sooner but here it is Saturday night at 10:00 pm. At least it's before Mother's Day. That's where procrastination gets you. One week ago tonight I sat in a tri-stake fireside...an evening with Sheri Dew. I actually got to meet her afterwards because of my Jenn Johnson connection in my ward.

Anyway, she spoke about our influence as latter day women and how a mother has a unique kind of influence. We are so crucial to what happens in the family. Every one of us has a mission. We are here now because we are suppose to be.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my brothers and sisters...my family I grew up in and what the heck is happening to it. For quite some time I've been thinking, "Do I really matter here? Is there a reason I'm in this family? Do I connect with any of them any more? Do they even like me?" But then I got the feeling that there is a reason I am in this family. They have all touched my life deeply at one time or another. Through Sister Dew's words the Spirit confirmed my recent feelings.

As far as my kids go...they are amazing!!! I watch them growing up and think, "Scott must be doing everything right because I haven't ruined them yet." The only thing I can say for myself is that I keep trying to change and be better. Marlo is a great example to me of being very affectionate with her kids and gathering them in to hug and kiss and make them feel better. It cracks me up that her 12 year old, Brooklynn, will climb on her lap and curl up. How do you measure the impact you have on someone?

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! How have you been?? Did you see that the blog train for November is "The Orient"? If you want to download them, the list of contributors is at http://blogtrainblog.blogspot.com/
    Anyway, hope all is well for you and your family!!!
    Love Shelly

    ReplyDelete